Monday, July 20, 2009
The following is an outline of the development of the logic of the Obamazombies as it regards the economy. Something is missing that I can't quite figure out. Perhaps someone would be good enough to help explain it all to me?
1) Prior to the election: "The American economy is the Worst Since The Great Depression! Vote for me! I can fix it!"
2) Immediately after the election: "The American economy is the Worst Since The Great Depression - but we will halt its decline in its tracks! Thanks for voting for me! I am now going to fix it!"
3) Following the stimulus passage: "Yes, unemployment for Bush's last year was 4.60%, signifying the Worst Economy Since The Great Depression! Now the unemployment rate is 9.5%, signifying that the stimulus package is WORKING!"
[Free information - no additional charge: If the unemployment rate were figured today using the same methods as were used 50 years ago, the current unemployment rate is pressing 18%. You are welcome for this free information.]
3) As the economy has become progressively worse: "Nobody knew the economy was THIS bad! Why, it's the Worst Economy Since The Great Depression! It's not our fault we can't fix it!"
4) Joe (Silver Tongue) Biden: "So we guessed wrong.... Who woulda thunk that the economy was this bad? If we don't spend more money, we'll go bankrupt!"
I think that the technical term for the above is "having it every which way."
Medical doctors generally refer to such disordered thinking as "confusion," and send the patient off to be checked for a head injury.
My grandmother called it "lying."